Wednesday 16 November 2011

Two monsters a-munching

Are you having a giraffe?......All for a packet of Monster Munch?

Apparently so.

In disbelief, I read that two armed robbers (one with an axe and one with a hammer) plundered a Greater Manchester newsagent of nothing more than a single bag of the paw-shaped baked corn snacks.

Brainless.

Crisps are great though, eh. Always been my weak spot of the junk food realm, so they have. What a culinary coup it would be if someone discovered they were good for us. (I wonder if Henry McLeish is at a loose end - he could maybe do another one of his reviews)

Prior to my days of literacy, I was absolutely oblivious to the delights my older brother was receiving when he asked my Mum for some "C - R - I - S - P - S".

You see, I would have known if he'd said the word, but spelling it out completely foxed me. After his request was granted, I assume the rascal must've taken them to a different room for eating - all the while I was probably sat watching Brum.

Alas, it wasn't long until I became old enough to be permitted crisps on a semi-regular basis and the Hula Hoop haven that was my Gran & Grandpa's house became a frequent watering hole. Yes, I took great delight in placing a beef hoop round each finger before picking them off one by one.

Since then, I've never really looked back.

So, I'd be thrilled to hear is what kind of crisps you would pull out all the stops to get hold of (although perhaps not as outrageously as the duo mentioned earlier).

You can hit me with your favourites, top three types/flavours or just a good old crisp anecdote.

I'm open.....

3 comments:

  1. I cannot see past ready salted Walkers crisps, does that make me boring or original...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doritio's Chilli Heatwave
    Flame Grilled Steak McCoy's
    Quavers
    That would be my top 3 although special mentions to Nik Nak's Rib n Saucy/Nice n Spicy, all flavours of Hula Hoops, Monster Munch Flamin' Hot, Dorito's Cool, Walkers Prawn Cocktail and Skips! I think it's safe to say I'm in the same boat as you when it comes to the crisp love!

    Also, do we know what flavour of Monster Munch was stolen? Obviously, thievery of any kind is unacceptable but if it was a packet of Roast Beef then that's completely insane!

    And on a non-crisp related note, Brum was sensational! Ohhh, Sensations! I forgot about Sensations! Thai Sweet Chilli! So, not so non-crisp related then

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for commenting.

    GaryH - Why not try a different flavour over the next few days and let me know how you get on. There's one called 'salt & vinegar' (usually blue packet) and another called 'cheese & onion' (usually green). Them and 'ready salted' are like the primary colours of the crisp world.

    Stu Waugh - Hear you loud and clear. Some of those types are delicious. You won't know this, but each Nik-Knack used to be about 3 times the size they currently are. Must say that I'm an admirer of roast beef Monster Munch. Brum for Prime Minister.

    ReplyDelete